I Got An Award!
A big thanks to Marji Laine, who honored me with the Versatile Blogger Award! In case you didn't know, Marji writes mysteries from a Christian perspective. Take a look at her blog.
Here are the rules for the award:
1. List 7 things that people may not know about you.
2. Pass the award on to seven new bloggers and let them know that they won.
3. Don't forget to thank the blogger who gave the award to you.
Now on to the seven things you may not know about me.
1. I'm six feet tall. For the most part, being vertically gifted is great. I can see over a crowd and help people reach for items on top shelves. The downside? Having to go shoe-shopping for size 11 or being mistaken for a tall 12 year-old while substitute teaching. Long story.
2. I'm an Army wife. My sweet, handsome hubby's tenure as a chaplain's assistant has taken us to different regions of the country, from the East Coast to the Rocky Mountains.
3. In addition to romance, I also read fantasy and steampunk. Think Jane Austen meets H.G. Wells. I would love to write inspirational romance with those elements some day.
4. I am a true child of the 80s. Want episode breakdowns of Transformers or Voltron? Want to know the names of all the band members of the original Journey? Call me at 867-5309. If you didn't get that last part, you're either too young or were living under a rock for the past twenty-five years.
5. My favorite things to eat are eggs. And scallops. Sometimes together, like in Japanese food, served over a bed of jasmine rice with that mysterious pink sauce the hibachi chefs never want to give you more of.
6. I'm an avid swing dancer. At the risk of sounding like an octogenarian, the jerky, soulless movements that pass for dancing today are nothing compared to what the late great Frankie Manning created.
7. My other hobby is fencing, as in "En garde!" I used to go to lessons frequently at our last duty station in Oklahoma. I hope to take it up again soon. You haven't lived until you imagined yourself as a pirate or musketeer.
Drumroll, please. Here are the next seven bloggers to receive the Versatile Blogger Award. Enjoy!
Brett Minor, "The Transformed Non-Comformist" - Brett always has a humorous, witty, and unique perspective on life's circumstances. I never leave his blog without a good laugh.
Lisa Lickel, "Living Our Faith Out Loud" - Lisa writes contemporary romances centered in her home state of Wisconsin. From time to time, her blog features posts of the latest charitable activities going on in her community.
K. Victoria Chase, "Tori's Lounge" - This soon-to-be-published author blogs about her personal writing journey and passes along tips of the trade she learns from the publishing industry.
Sheri Salatin - Sheri pens romantic suspense with a farming flair. I love the pictures she posts of her family on the farm and the local, close-knit community that she is a part of.
Heather Sunseri - Heather is not only an author, but a missionary. In her blog, she regularly posts about her travels on missions and the life lessons that God has taught her about reaching out to others.
Dawn Renkenberger Crandall, "A Passion For Pages"- Dawn is a historical romance writer and a book reviewer. I often stop by her blog for the detailed, honest reviews of the latest titles.
Darlene Shortridge - Darlene, author of "Until Forever", blogs about her writing life and also provides deep insights on the lessons that she is learning while becoming the woman that God meant her to be.
Congratulations, fellow bloggers! I enjoy going on this writing journey with you, and I marvel at the creative gifts that God has allowed you to share. Keep up the great work!