|Photo by Pixomar|
When I was a little girl, there was a Thanksgiving tradition in my family where we would name something to be thankful for before we ate our meal. Each one of us would wait our turn at the dining table as aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and all named their particular blessing.
Being a child, I didn't like having to sit there listening to the adults while my food got cold. Now that I am grown, I see why that tradition of verbalizing one's gratitude is so important. In this turbulent time of economic downfall and endless wars, where good news is an oxymoron, it helps to focus on what God has given us.
So here's my list of what I'm thankful for.
1. My Savior Jesus Christ, who gives me strength for every battle
2. My wonderful husband, whose love and positive attitude inspire me to come up higher every day
3. A church home filled with the most genuine, supportive, and caring souls that I have ever
encountered in my life
4. A love of writing that will soon result in my first published novel
5. Our first non-apartment home, with its view of Pikes Peak
6. Access to food, water, and medical care that I often take for granted
7. Our pet dog Noodle, with all his antics, even the ones that make me vow never to get another dog
8. The relatively inexpensive pleasures of books, coffee, magazines, and music
9. The ability to laugh
10. The secret joy that comes from being labeled "artsy-fartsy"
And last, but certainly not least,
11. Having a community of fellow bloggers, writers, and readers to share my thoughts with
What are you most thankful for? Tell me one thing. Tell me twenty! Don't be afraid to share what it is that keeps you going each day. Happy Thanksgiving!