I'm happy to be presented with the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award from Gwendolyn Gage at Serving Through Words and Cheryl Linn Martin at Life In Flip Flops. Thank you, ladies! Take time to visit their blogs today. Gwendolyn posts a live WIP where you can read and give her your thoughts. She also provides helpful resources for writing historicals. Cheryl blogs from the unique perspective of being a writer living in Hawaii. Every week, you can look forward to learning something new about the island state.
With the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award, I'm supposed to list 7 random things about myself and then pass the award along to 10 other bloggers.
7 Things About Me
1. My favorite books growing up were Little House on the Prairie and The Boxcar Children.
2. I like to eat really spicy food. If it burns your tongue, it's probably still not hot enough for me.
3. In a former life, I worked as a paralegal for the Attorney General of the District of Columbia.
4. When I have time, I indulge in video games. My favorites are fighting games and rpgs (role-playing games).
5. I hate chick flicks. Yes, I know that sounds like heresy coming from a romance writer, but I just think most of the recent films of this genre are pretty cheesy.
6. I like to sketch the characters from my stories. Maybe one day I'll have enough courage to post some of them.
7. I speak un poco di (a little bit) italiano.
The idea is to pass the award on to 10 bloggers. Well, I'd like to bestow the award on everyone who visits this blog. If you have a blog, then please take the award and proudly post it on your page. It's my valentine to you today :-)
Happy Valentine's Day! Let the ones you love know you care.